Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

     First of all, let me say in a completely un-biased way, that my girls are the best.  That said, sometimes they are also the most challenging people on the planet.  The most annoying, selfish, sassiest, kindest, sweetest, creative and surprising.  All at the same time.
     Emily & Katie, like lots of sisters are so alike and so different.  They teach me as much as I teach them, and I am lucky to be their mom.

Happy Mother's Day in Mandarin
drawing of Katie & Me
Going to lunch
Happy Katie
 We had lunch at the Intercontinental Hotel in Pudong by the Expo.  It was really nice, and we saw families from the kids' school as well.  Lots of the standard food stations: Dim Sum, Chinese, Indian, Roast Beef & Turkey, etc.  There was also a whole roast Lamb, Emily said "Is that a camel?".  

whole lamb, but it does look like a camel
Dessert was great.  There was a whole honeycomb sheet, and Katie helped me spoon out some for my cheese plate.  Of course there was a chocolate fountain as well. 

honey comb
Lucy's dessert:
peach tart, cheese, walnuts, honey & bread
Chris' dessert:
cheesecake, tiramisu and
dipped chocolate chip cookie sandwich w peanut butter in the center


chocolate dipped marshmallow
strawberry panna cotta, brownies

here's the bill

the Lamb girls



No comments:

Post a Comment