1. Buying imported makeup. I really needed a new blush. Clinique blush in the US is $20 -$24 each. Here is it $45.00! I had not idea the price when I chose it, but it would be cheaper for me to have it sent from the US.
2. This is a really hard Mandarin lesson: Shì (am), Sì (4), Shí (10) !! The accent and tone of words when spoken make all the difference. The classes are very challenging, and worst of all, the kids are better at Mandarin than I am. They correct my accent all the time.
3. We are on the third person to come out and try to fix our super low water pressure in the back yard. I have a hose on the faucet, but the water is a light trickle at best. This is how things oftentimes are here. It takes about 3-4 different people to come out and even agree there is a problem before anyone can fix it.
4. The hair color I bought made my hair kinda purple-ly.
1. Chris bought the girls new bikes last weekend. Katie, who was always afraid to ride back home, was so happy she rode and rode with her Daddy. Emily is already talking about riding her bike to the bus stop for school.
2. Went to see Jeri (plant lady) at her shop. Ordered lots of house and garden plants. She potted them, and delivered them that same afternoon. She also planted some outdoor plants for me, and gave me some good advice about gardening in China.
3. Made a big pot of Chili with Beans Sunday night. We had it with cheese, onions and tortilla chips. It was a cold night, and it was just what we needed.