Christmas morning, we opened gifts (thanks to Nana & Papa, and Grandma, Jichan & Uncle Charlie!), and had sweet rolls for breakfast.
On Christmas night, we went to see the Chinese Acrobats Show. It was really great, like Cirque de Soleil, but less magical, and more acrobatic. Less European and more Chinese - does that make sense? The girls loved the show, and watched a lot of it peering through parted fingers.
Today, Chris and Emily both had hair cuts. The hairdresser shampoos your hair in the chair by piling it up with lather. Also, Emily had her first manicure - very cool. Later, we went to Tom's World at Super Brand Mall (like Chuck E. Cheese without the pizza). Katie was sitting at a game where you lower a crane and it tries to pick-up a stuffed animal. Chris said he could picture her in 20years at a slot machine in Vegas with a bucket of quarters and a gin & tonic.
|I love tokens!|
|Slot machines are in my future|
1. Canned beef stock - hard to make a stew without it.
2. Fresh tortillas - usually they are frozen, and sometimes stale.
3. Craft supplies
4. Planting soil
Things that are easy to find:
1. Variety of really great oranges: tangerines, pomelo, mandarins, all kinds
2. Good fake Uggs boots - $15 USD for really good looking fakes
3. Lots of things with Disney / Mickey logos - shirts, mugs, purses, anything you can imagine. All unlicensed, but hey, it's free advertising.